Privacy Statement - GDPR
Kindly read this privacy statement carefully.
Pursuant to Regulation / EU / No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC ("GDPR").
In this Privacy Statement, you will learn how we use information that we collect about you through this website, as well as through mobile sites, applications, widgets, conferences, events, e-newsletters, communications or other services (the "Services") that refers to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement does not apply to a situation where we have informed you that an alternative privacy statement will be used.
This website and this Privacy Statement are intended for the public in the Czech Republic. We intend to treat your data honestly and in accordance with your expectations; we encourage you to read and consider the information contained in this Privacy Statement.
- The administrator of your personal data is the company Promedeus, s.r.o., with its registered office at Maříkova 1899/1, 621 00, Brno; IČ: 04939948, file no.: C 92724 at the Regional Court in Brno (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”).
- Company contact details:
Delivery address: Promedeus, s.r.o., Maříkova 1899/1, 621 00, Brno
Telephone number: +420 702 248 624
- The company did not appoint a data protection officer.
- The processing of your personal data is performed by the Company. Processing is performed in its facilities, branches and headquarters by individual authorized employees of the Company, or processor. The processing takes place through computer technology, or also manually for personal data in paper form in compliance with all security principles for the management and processing of personal data. The Company makes every effort to protect your privacy when using its services. The company has taken technical and organizational measures to protect your data from loss, manipulation and unauthorized access. The company is constantly adapting its security measures in line with technological progress and development.
What data do we collect about you?
What information we receive and how we use it depends on what you do when you visit our website or when you use our "Services". We collect and use non-personal data (data that does not personally identify you) other than your personal data.
Your personal data
Personal data is data that is capable of specifically identifying you, such as your:
- first name and surname,
- address, telephone number, e-mail address or other contact details;
- serial number of the medical device,
- data on the person's health,
- date of birth or age,
- username or profile on social media,
- interests and qualifications,
- IP address (Internet Protocol address), if such an address is associated with a specific user.
We collect personal information about our users in two ways:
- when you enter your personal data directly on certain specific pages of this website (web). For example, you can fill out a registration form for a specific service, take part in a survey, or fill out a contact form.
- automatically, specifically through cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer by the websites you visit. Cookies are widely used to make a website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide certain information to website owners. For more information about cookies, please click here .
How does Promedeus use personal data?
We may use the information you share with us through this website and our "Services" (except for sensitive information discussed separately below) for the following purposes:
- to process your requests;
- to provide the services or information you request;
- to enable you to register certain products or services or improve their functionality;
- to deal with and monitor the state of consumer affairs and / or problems with products or services;
- to manage our relationship with you and facilitate any follow-up (eg by storing relevant information and preferences for a reasonable period of time);
- to conclude a contract with you or fulfill it (eg in case you want to order products or services from us);
- to enable you to participate in our online communities, including social media and blogs;
- to contact you with information that may be of interest to you - see the Marketing and Training section below;
- in other ways that you agree to.
Promedeus is also entitled to use your personal data to the extent necessary to achieve the following legitimate interests, provided that this is compatible with your rights and expectations regarding the protection of personal data:
- for analytical purposes to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content;
- to anonymize your data by deleting any personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, etc.) so that this data can be used for other purposes. In this case, the anonymized data would no longer be usable for your identification and may be treated as other than personal data. See the appropriate section below for more details;
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules regarding your use of this website;
- to protect our rights or property.
Promedeus also has legal reasons for using your personal data:
- as necessary to protect human health, safety or well-being; and
- in order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, court orders or other requirements in court proceedings.
If required by law, we will ask you for an active choice or opt-in or affirmative consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose. For example, if required by law, we will only send you our newsletters if you have subscribed to them.
What is sensitive data?
Some types of personal data are sensitive data. Sensitive data is personal data about or related to your health (such as the serial number of your device or device or the date of implantation), genetic or biometric data, your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual life or sexual orientation, political opinions or membership of a trade union.
Will promedeus treat sensitive data differently from other personal data?
Promedeus will only collect and process your sensitive data:
- the ways you have expressly agreed;
- to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person in cases where your explicit consent cannot be given or reasonably required;
- in accordance with applicable laws, which include appropriate and specific measures to protect your fundamental rights and interests;
- in cases where processing is necessary for medical purposes, and we are bound by a duty of confidentiality similar to that of a healthcare professional in the circumstances;
- for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim.
- we may collect sensitive information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us for a specific purpose (eg when you contact us with a question or suggestion regarding our products and services);
- we may also collect sensitive patient data through the healthcare professionals we work with to provide you with therapy or technical support for our products or services;
- we may collect sensitive data as required by European and other governmental authorities to ensure the safe and effective use of our products and services;
- we may collect sensitive data about participants who have expressly consented to participate in clinical trials, studies and other research activities.
Other than personal data
Non-personal data is data that cannot identify you or be associated with you in any way. Therefore, other than personal data that we collect through this website, they do not identify you as a specific person or will not be associated with you. These may include, for example, the following information:
- The type of web browser software you are using (for example, Internet Explorer).
- the name of the domain from which you log on to the Internet;
- the internet address of the website from which you accessed our website directly;
- the date and time you visited our website;
- which specific pages on our website you have visited;
- the search terms you use;
- the links you click on.
What does Promedeus do with non-personal information?
We are always looking for ways to better suit and improve our products and services and make the use of our website more enjoyable. We will use non-personal information from you to make this website more useful to visitors. We may also use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use or combine non-personal data to:
- creating reports for internal use for the development of programs, products, services or content;
- adapting or improving the information or services provided;
- providing information on how to use our site to third parties, such as "operational statistics" and the so-called "response rate".
Direct marketing and educational materials
We ask you to actively log in (opt in) or give your consent to the use of your personal data for the purposes of such communication, in accordance with the applicable legal regulations.
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive any educational, commercial or promotional information regarding our products and services or the products or services of our affiliates or service providers, please send us an e-mail (see contact details below and in the subject line of your e-mail). -mail the address “OPT-OUT.” Or you can follow the opt-out instructions provided in any relevant message you receive from us.
We would like to inform you that even if you choose not to send our advertising messages, we may continue to send you relevant information for other legal purposes, such as managing the account you may have with us, processing your requests, concluding contracts with you or providing information that Promedeus is required to provide by law, eg regarding product downloads from users.
Does Promedeus ever share personal information with third parties?
Promedeus will not share your personal information with third parties unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement.
In the ordinary course of business, we may share some personal information with related parties of Promedeus or companies - third parties that we hire as our agents for the purpose of providing certain services or functions.
For example, we can:
- use different resellers or suppliers to send you the products you order on our website. In these cases, we will provide the seller with the information needed to process your order, such as your name and mailing address;
- use the service provider to administer certain newsletters or information mail you have subscribed to and provide access to your e-mail address for this purpose;
- use a third party application or platform to conduct and monitor our communications with you;
- use affiliates with us to provide services related to your personal information, for example, we may store your information on a secure server located at our affiliate's headquarters in Europe. For more information on the circumstances in which we may transfer your data to other countries, please refer to the relevant section below.
In all cases, we will not share more information than necessary and will not entrust any third party with the storage, communication or use of your data, except for the purpose of providing the required services in accordance with the purposes set out above.
We would like to inform you that under the conditions stipulated by the applicable legal regulations, we may disclose your personal data if we believe that we are obliged to do so in order to comply with legal regulations, court orders, legal or governmental requests. Although unlikely, if all or part of our plant or business is acquired by a third party, your information may be passed on to the new corporate owner if it is relevant to the plant or business in question and with appropriate safeguards provided and implemented.
In addition, we may use and disclose your personal information to third parties if necessary:
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules regarding your use of this website;
- to protect our rights or property;
- in order to protect human health, safety or well-being;
- to comply with the law, court orders or other requirements of court proceedings;
- for the purpose of investigating or taking action in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activity.
In addition, please keep in mind that some areas of our website may be interactive in nature and allow you to post information that other users may see. If you do not want this information to be made available to the public, please do not use these sections of this website.
Do we transfer personal data to other countries?
In some cases, Promedeus may transfer the personal information we collect on this website to our affiliates or third parties - service providers in other countries, but only for the purpose of fulfilling the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement. In cases where personal data is transferred from Europe to other countries, we will ensure that safeguards are implemented in line with the guarantees provided by European legislation on personal data protection. For more information on the guarantees implemented by Promedeus, please contact email@example.com.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we are authorized to use it, as set forth in this Privacy Statement. For example, if you let us know that you no longer want to receive a newsletter from us, we will immediately delete your e-mail address from our address book. If you participate in a program through our website, we will delete personal information provided under that program within a reasonable time after its termination (e.g., six months after its termination will be considered reasonable by default, unless we have legal reasons to retain some of these programs). information for a longer period (for example, if necessary for the purposes of validation or compliance with recording obligations).
What happens if the privacy statement changes?
This Privacy Statement was last revised on 21.10. 2020. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time, for any reason. If we decide to make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will place a notice on the home page of our website for a period of time after the change has been made. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement whenever you visit this website.
Are there special rules for the protection of children's personal data?
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child's name or email address) from children under the age of 15 without the consent of the holder of parental responsibility. If you believe that we have otherwise collected personal data from a person under the age of 15, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about website security?
Security is very important to us. We are also aware that safety is important to you. For the purpose of protecting your personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, communication, alteration or destruction, we use industry standard measures. However, no website or e-mail transmission is 100% secure, so we encourage you to carefully consider what information you send or request via e-mail and take appropriate security measures, such as maintaining the confidentiality of any usernames and passwords you use.
You may exercise your right to access, correct or delete any personal data that concerns you at any time, or restrict the processing of your personal data, in accordance with applicable law.
You also have the right to object at any time, due to your specific situation, to any use or processing of your personal data that we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests.
If we process your personal data automatically as part of the service we provide to you or with your consent, you also have the right to request a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (also known as the "data portability" right).
You can send these requests to email@example.com in writing to Promedeus, s.r.o., Maříkova 1899/1, 621 00 Brno. Please note that we can ask you to prove your identity (for example, a copy of your ID card or passport) before we can comply with your request.
If we collect or use your personal data with your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in the same way as you gave it or by sending a request as described above.
You can also request exclusion from any direct marketing campaigns at any time, free of charge and without any justification, and request that you no longer receive promotional materials, as described above.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have processed your request, you can contact the relevant Office for Personal Data Protection. See also: ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
How to contact Promedeus
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Promedeus, s.r.o.